In this article, you will find the general information, features, pros and cons, and pricing of the following Pluralsight alternatives:
- LinkedIn Learning
- CBT Nuggets
- Cloud Academy
- Infosec Skills
Founded in 2004, Pluralsight is a platform meant for the development of the workforce helping business setups and individuals to adapt to changing technology.
You, as a company, can assess different skills and even visualize the progress rate of your employees. The platform completes its work in two ways – skills and flow.
The skills way helps the users to upgrade and renovate their training and skills and try to adapt to the dynamic nature of technology. The flow way helps modernize the engineering workflow.
Pluralsight works for four groups – software development, individuals, security teams, and IT operators.
The software has the following features –
- Availability of more than 4500 courses
- Addition of new courses
- Easy registration
- Offline and online material viewing
- Discussion forum for every course
- Easy download of the exercise file
- Certificates on course completion
The software is available to you with a free trial. Pay $29 per month for personal use, $499 per user per month for professional use, and $699 per user per month for enterprises.
1. LinkedIn Learning
Formerly having a different name – Lynda.com, LinkedIn Learning is an online platform constructed for on-demand and audio-visual content to commemorate the learning process.
Offering more than 16k courses out of which 9k is in English. Small videos with specific goals are listed in the software.
Divided into three categories of learning courses – Business (ranges from professional development to leadership training), Technology (ranges from programming languages to information on different applications), and Creative (ranges from web design to photography lessons).
You get 34 certification courses like HRM, Photoshop, and many more on LinkedIn Learning.
- You get online courses leading in high-quality content
- High access to an all-encompassing variety of e-courses
- Offers personalized and relevant courses suited for your skills and career
- You get what you never get in a classroom – learner-centered learning
- Accessibility on any device for personal learning portal
- The affordable pricing of plans with a free trial for 1-month
- You can add your skills and number of completed courses on your LinkedIn profile
- Top experts available for your help
You get LinkedIn Learning at three plans as given below –
You get a free trial for a month where you can enroll in any course giving you the ability to cancel your subscription anytime you want to.
Buy LinkedIn Learning for a monthly usage at Rs.1400
You get the subscription for this software at Rs. 900 per month
Pros and Cons
- The learner-centered approach of transferring information
- Cheap plan of pricing
- Manifold availability of courses and learning material
- High level of accessibility
- Availability of training and certification courses
- The audio-visual medium of learning
- Non-availability of courses on other subjects, like Greek and Hebrew
- Surface level attainability of technical stuff
- Not many features are available other than the commonly found
- Technical lagging of software
- Single-speed on video playback
2. CBT Nuggets
CBT Nuggets is a learning platform that offers courses only online. It is a video-based learning platform for IT professionals.
This school offers training in almost about 31 courses with the most reviewed qualifications being Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), and Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ Certification.
It ranges from 2 hours to 9 months to undergo this educational training depending upon the qualification, with an average time ranging from 2 months to complete.
The team of CBT Nuggets gives a comfortable classroom atmosphere and hands-on learning adding a bunch of knowledge and will make you highly experienced.
They provide training to both individuals and teams and also offer enterprise solutions.
It offers many appealing features like Skill Assessment Projects Comprehension, ChecksCourse Recommendation, EngineLearning Paths Channels, Content, Interactive ContentVideo Content, Training and eLearning, Manager Portals, Content Libraries, Platform Reporting, and Analytics
Advanced Analytics, courses, High-quality content, Video content.
CBT Nuggets offers affordable monthly and annual plans. You have an option to choose monthly or annually billing features.
1. Individual- monthly plan
- $59 for one user per month
This plan includes access to a full suite of learning resources available with CBT Nuggets that include videos, practice exams, quizzes, virtual labs, reporting, and coaching services
2. Individual- annual plan
- $ 599 for one user per year
This subscription plan offers you all the resources such as videos, quizzes, exams, virtual labs, and many more similarly as in the monthly plan. But you will save 15% on an annual subscription plan compared to a monthly plan.
3. Team Accounts plan
The plan offers full access to all the resources along with team admin management tools.
Pros and Cons
- You can take zero, one, or hindered courses for the same cost at your own convenience. CBT Nuggets is on-demand at present.
- Courses are scheduled and organized extremely well and the trainers are absolutely precise and great at what they teach. Experts are in the field.
- You can go back and watch the videos again and again whenever you want for a better understanding.
- Offers a huge variety of courses where you can cover a wide range of training topics like Microsoft, database, networking, etc.
- Can be accessed from both desktop browser and mobile devices.
- It becomes difficult to make time to dedicate to training.
- Videos of training can freeze up or hang on where you will need to close the tab. This happens rarely but might occur sometimes.
Ever heard of MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) learning platform designed for students? MOOC platforms are designed to unify online learning resources led by subject experts.
Udacity is one such platform enabling learning courses for e-learners enriched in MOOC based courses.
A very user-friendly software, Udacity offers every single piece of information about it on the landing page itself.
There are Nanodegree programs offered to you by this software – 8 courses with different quality content in it. Completion of such a degree lands you in gratifying jobs in companies like Google, Oracle, and many more.
- Multiple courses available
- Relevant learning content and construction of relevant skills
- Availability of three levels of courses – Beginner (for students with no knowledge about the subject), Intermediate (for students with some knowledge about the subject), and Advanced (for students familiar with the subject content)
- Permanent availability of launched course
- Availability of e-libraries
- Interactive content with video accessibility
Not offering a certificate, Udacity offers 200 courses to you.
Nanodegree courses are available at $399 a month at Udacity. Finishing a course after a study of 10 to 15 hours lets you complete the course at the expense of $1000 to $1500.
Executive courses are available at $799 each month and a student is expected to study for 5 hours each week to complete the course in a month or two.
10 scholarship programs are offered to the learners by Google, Accenture, Lyft, and AT&T.
No discounts are awarded to any college student and a refund is possible only when the learner unenrolls themselves from the course after two days into the course.
Pros and Cons
- Content of the top quality is provided
- The whole software is easy to use
- Awarding of certificates at the end of every Nanodegree course
- It obviously does prove an effect on your curriculum vitae
- Availability of free courses (more than 150)
- Expensive Nanodegree courses
- Lack of expansion in topics
- You do not get a huge community behind the scenes at Udacity
- With subtitles in other languages for some courses, only English is available to you
- You do require some knowledge on the subject you tend to pursue
4. Cloud Academy
A digital skill development software designed to improve your technical skills. You, as a company can train your employees in specific rules and postulates to work in the cloud.
If already skilled, you can test their expertise in the area they say they favor, at Cloud Academy.
Monitor the work of your employees at the software by assessing their weekly reports, tracking their progress, e-libraries, and much more.
It is designed to improve and accelerate your learning process through a guided list of content and learning materials.
Library at the software lets you access more than 10,000 hours of learning material available and even assign the employees with tasks according to their field of expertise.
- You can access the e-library for quizzes, training plans and contents, exams, and much more.
- Availability of mobile app for ease of use – Cloud Academy Mobile App
- The easiest way of account management
- Interactive content with video accessibility
- Advanced reporting
Cloud Academy offers you their platform with three plans –
1. Free Trial:
You get a 7-day free trial where you won’t be charged until after the completion of the trial
2. Monthly Plan:
- For individuals – $39 per month
- For business – $68.61 per month
3. Yearly Plan:
- For individuals – $33.32 per month
- For business – $56.445 per month
Pros and Cons
- Accessibility of user interface
- Cost-efficient service is provided
- All automated and managed work
- Multi-user environment
- Everything is done online, so no problem with hard-disk or anything of the sort
- Every data is stored with their copies, so no loss occurs
- Service bandwidth can get low sometimes
- Security and privacy problem; responsibility on the shoulders of the users
- Vulnerabilities and security breach
- The customer has less and limited flexibility
Skillsoft, an American technology company that produces learning management software and content. Cloud-based learning management software that provides businesses with courses, online books, videos, training programs, and other resources to train employees.
You will have an integrated learning experience and can utilize Percipio to create a personalized homepage, receive assignments and add course content to the playlists.
It includes learning courses and training programs on different subjects including leadership development, business skills, transformation, and compliance.
Skillsoft includes features like alerts, course recommendations, performance management, collaboration, and many more.
It also allows trainees to obtain online certifications and badges on completion of the course. Skillsoft’s course catalog gives an overview of all the information to the learners.
Skillsoft can support up to more than 25 languages.
Skillsoft offers a free trial at the beginning
Pricing is not available and is not disclosed by the vendor. You must contact me directly to get the pricing details.
Pros and Cons
- As it is a cloud-based solution, Skillsoft can be accessed anytime, anywhere so that employees can learn and work at their own pace.
- Additional training on particular tools is the greatest benefit.
- LMS tools and customer service are outstanding.
- Videos are short and the features are very easy to use in a variety of settings.
- Firm customer support
- The platform provides an extensive amount of learning material.
- The Magnitude and detail reporting is great.
- Skillsoft does not have room for improving their time for technical assistance.
- The upper management seems to think slashing jobs can still produce high-quality products.
- At Times their learning path seems difficult to a normal student.
- Add simpler training even for less-skilled employees.
- Some of the courses are too long, outdated and boring.
6. Infosec Skills
Infosec Skills is the only cybersecurity training platform that trains you as fast as you could learn the content.
Whether you are seeking training for yourself or your team, Infosec’s bench of cyber expertise and award-winning training platform provides the resources and excellent guidance you need to stay outstanding in the world’s latest technology.
It trains you as per your schedule with unlimited access to hundreds of hands-on cybersecurity courses and also virtual labs or upgrades to an Infosec Skills boot camp for live sessions of instructor training guaranteed which is guaranteed to get your certification on the first attempt.
Infosec Skills facilitates and helps you to :
- Learn the content with hands-on labs, projects, and assessments.
- Get certified and stay certified with 100s of continuing education credits opportunities
- Build and validate in-demand cybersecurity skills.
- Train for your current job or your dream career with role-based learning paths mapped to the best Cybersecurity Workspace frame.
- Assess and make the gaps easy-to-use team management tools, custom training assignments, and immersive team boot camps.
Infosec skills offer three packages with various subscription plans.
1. Monthly plan: $ 34/month
- Hundreds of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges.
- Custom certification practice exams
- Infosec peer community support
- Skill assessments
- 80 plus role-based learning paths
- Create custom learning paths from so many courses.
2. Annual plan: $299/ year
The annual plan offers all the resources similar to that of a monthly subscription. On a whole, you will save almost half the amount with an annual subscription.
3. Infosec skills live boot camp
You need to request a quote for pricing details.
- Boot camps allow
- Exam pass guarantee
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Live instructor-led training
- 90 day extended access to recordings of daily lessons.
- Certification exam voucher
Pros and Cons :
- Simple to use and high potential training.
- Better organization of training modules by topic or compliance.
Udemy is the leading global online marketplace for teaching, learning, and spreading knowledge of millions of skills across a huge number of students to succeed in their lives. It is an open online course provider targeting professional students and adults.
Udemy helps organizations of all kinds prepare for the ever-evolving future of work. It allows instructors to build courses on their own topic preferences.
Courses are offered across a wide range of categories such as business, entrepreneurship, academics, arts, health, and fitness, language, music, and technology.
Most of the classes are in practical subjects such as java coding, python programming, and many more.
Udemy also offers Udemy for a business that enables businesses to access training over courses such as digital marketing, design management, office productivity, and more.
Udemy offers a free 7 day trial period later after a 7-day trial automatically converts into a monthly subscription plan including all the taxes.
Courses have pricing according to the instructor’s plans ranging from $10 to $300. The most expensive courses on Udemy are currently $199 although you can often find coupon codes online with savings of up to 50 % off.
Pros and Cons
- Pricing of Udemy is affordable to all kinds of people that range from $19.99 to $199.99
- It includes over 6700 free courses that are accessible.
- If you are not satisfied with the course and did not reach your expectations, you can get your money back by Udemy without questions asked.
- Udemy will grant you lifetime access to every course you have purchased for life.
- You will get a certificate of completion for the paid courses.
- You cannot get official certification with Udemy as courses are not accredited.
- Udemy does not create course content with an official team, the instructors are wholly responsible for creating the course.
- Udemy runs a quality control of the courses, but this huge number of courses, it can’t be so real.
Learning IT with ITProTV with training that is more like a talk show. It has tons of great content to help you to start your career or to add to it.
It is enjoyable, informative, and super professional online training. This platform suits well to all the users who are looking to gain knowledge and a great overall learning tool.
New content is added every day and the course library has more than 5,800 hours covering all of the major certification courses such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Amazon, ITIL, Apple, Cisco, GIAC, EC-Council, and non-certified courses like general tech skills, Linux, Admin, CyberSec to keep your skills fresh and updated.
You can learn from anywhere at any time from your desktop, tablet, smartphone, and Apple TV.
ITProTV offers affordable five package plans. You can subscribe to a monthly plan or annual plan for each of the packages.
1. Free membership
You can take a test run to select content and their daily production streams.
- More than 65 hours of IT Training
- Daily live stream
- Entry-level CompTIA and Microsoft training
2. Standard membership: $29/ month
- 4000 hours of training
- High demand ITProTV course library
- Downloadable viewing available with annual plans
- Mobile app access
3. Premium membership
If you are on a path to Gain a certificate, then this plan is for you.
- Full ITProTV course library
- 4,000 hours of IT training
- Virtual labs
- Practice tests
- Learning Coach services
4. Corporate premium membership: $529 per user/ per year
- Full ITProTV course library that includes comp TIA, Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, Apple, and many more.
- 4,000 hours of IT training
- Virtual labs
- Practice tests
- Team management and analytics via the ITProTV ProPortal
5. Corporate standard membership: $349 per user/ per year
All the features are offered similarly as in the corporate premium membership.
Pros and Cons
- Information is very clear and easy to understand.
- Videos and clear and potential
- They offer learning tools for all aspects of IT learning.
- Best customer support
- The mobile web version tends to crash when the videos are placed into full-screen mode.
- Some of the functionality in virtual labs does not work.
- Pluralsight Courses
- Pluralsight vs Udemy
- Best Webinar Tool
- LinkedIn Learning Vs Pluralsight
- Lynda vs Pluralsight
- Best WordPress LMS Plugin
- Podia Coupon Codes
- Teachable Promo Codes
FAQs | Pluralsight Alternatives
🙋♀️ How to look for customer support?
Every software has its own support structure designed for the customer’s benefits. Every application provides service 24/7. They have their customer care numbers put out on their official websites - do make use of them.
🙆♂️ Which can be picked between LinkedIn Learning and Udemy?
LinkedIn Learning always plans the best for you keeping student-teacher interaction at the maximum and always keeping it learner-centered. Udemy does the same but does not offer you certificates at the course end.
🤷 Which software can be most looked upon for job opportunities?
Every certificate earned would gain you job placement at an esteemed company, but Udacity, at the start of the course, promises you placements after course completion.
✍️ Is Pluralsight free for students?
Yes, Pluralsight courses are free for high school students.
🧍 What is better Udemy or Pluralsight?
Udemy has lots of courses available with lifetime access whereas Pluralsight has monthly or yearly subscriptions. Pluralsight has qualified authorities whereas some Udemy instructors are also good.
🙌How many courses are available on Pluralsight?
Pluralsight provides 4500 courses from fundamentals to recent updates related to IT Technology, web development and different programming languages which will help anyone one to get complete detailed knowledge about the IT sector.
There are loads of alternatives to Pluralsight with technical skill development software. All these provide the best learning paths and training programs.
It becomes difficult to choose one among them. You can choose an online platform according to your specifications to lead in all technical skills and also to train employees.
With the rise of companies like Pluralsight competition for online education marketplace or academies is gradually increasing.
So now, you have the tools, it’s time to achieve your dreams and start making them a reality.